Tuesday 5 November 2019

Buck Theorem on a compilation album


So, my track 'The Strangest Stranger' features on the Electronic Music Open Mic volume 3 compilation, released by You Might Not Like This.





I have been attending the London EMOM nights for years in London, ever since the founder and my good friend Martin Christie started it up. For a year or so, it was established at The Troubadour in Earl's Court, but now it can be found monthly in Brick Lane, the 1001 Club. These EMOM nights were already all over the North of England and have spread to Australia and Berlin and, right now, is going to Amsterdam. 

There's a nice anarchic and warm atmosphere to these nights where anything with a keyboard or gadget is welcome. I mean, I have performed there a few times, just plugging my backing track in and singing. A bit karaoke but I can't actually play anything. But more importantly, I have made several new good friends there. This is a great and varied compilation, indicative of the wide variety of synthy genres and sounds that the EMOM offers.

'The Strangest Stranger' was first made in the mid-90s with a 4-track and a very feeble little keyboard. Then nearly twenty years later, I replayed it and it's what you hear now. And I'm very grateful to Martin for encouraging me, because that's what he does.


No comments: