Friday 17 May 2024

Songs of Pals

Here are some of my favourite tracks from pals & people I know. I am lucky enough to have many talented people to call friends, as I am sure we all do, but here are tunes by mine that I favour. You should follow them - I'm using BandCamp for this.

 

Here is a track that is just a gorgeous, gorgeous wave of guitars telling you to take it easy. James and I have worked for decades together and I am still a sucker for his guitar.

 

And here is a track that I consider to be the best Depeche Mode that Depeche Mode never wrote. The first couple of times I saw Leg Puppy, he was masked and I was scared. But behind the mask, he proved the bestest of electronic pals.


Here's a song describing political ignorance and deliberate deprivation of the arts. I have done a dance for Jimmy a few times and he is the best example of that spoken word political beat poetry heritage... or whatever. This one, I find unexpectedly moving.

 

Mortality made pretty. I have seen Miodes silence a whole pub with her intelligent and heartfelt lyrics & strumming.

 

 More musings on the mystery of living. This one by Martin Christie just cuts right through, and it's not the only track where he does this.

 

 And lastly, just a feel-good groover to dance to. The mysterious Manu may not do so much, but this one is pure retro-future joy.

No comments: